The coronavirus has instilled fear in many people. Let’s face it. There have been trying times. We’ve had to stay home and practice social distancing. When going to the grocery store, many of us don facemasks, glove and apply hand sanitizer. It’s a bizarre and unfamiliar sight. This pandemic took everyone by surprise – including us at Frenchtown Dental.
Because of everything that’s been going on, we completely understand if you’re apprehensive about your dental appointments. We understand.
Please read on to find out how we work hard to minimize risks and reduce the spread of infection at our practice.
We’ve always followed the most stringent sterilization methods to keep you and your family and our team safe. We take this responsibility very seriously. We will continue to do all that – and more.
Steps We’re Taking to Protect You at the Dental Office
These are some of the other things we’re doing – daily – to help you relax and feel comfortable when you come to our office.
- Effective hand hygiene. All our team members wash their hands numerous times per hour with the proper thorough technique.
- Routine Sterilization. We clean and disinfect all environmental surfaces, such as radiograph equipment, light switches, floors, walls and sinks. We also ensure there is adequate time between appointments to sanitize operatories thoroughly and methodically, without rushing.
- We wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks, eyewear, face shields and coats.
- Ill team members must take sick days. Anyone experiencing any symptom of any contagious illness must rest and recover at home before returning to work. We’re even taking our temperatures and screening for COVID-19 when we arrive for work in the morning.
- Patients’ health is pre-screened over the phone. We will reschedule your dental appointment if you are exhibiting signs or symptoms of respiratory (or other contagious) illness. Symptoms may include cough, fever and shortness of breath.
- IMPORTANT new scheduling and check-in procedures. Thank you for you compliance
- If you are a new patient, please complete your intake forms before you arrive for your appointment. We can email them to you, you can email them back or print and bring them with you.
- If you are unable to do this we will set out the paperwork at the time of your appointment, please come grab the paperwork and fill it out in your car.
- We will call you just before your appointment to go through a COVID-19 screening.
- Please wait in your car when you arrive. Give us a call to let us know you are here, we will wave you in when we are ready.
- Please come to your appointment along unless you require sedation. Please ask your driver to wait in the car. We will call them when you are ready for their assistance after your care is complete. Children must be accompanied by an adult, please limit to one legal guardian.
- A team member in full PPE will greet you.
- When you arrive you will be given a 1.5% hydrogen peroxide rinse, and asked to rinse for 30 seconds then spit it out. You will also be asked to wash your hands on arrival.
- We will also take your temperature upon arrival and complete the COVID-19 screening if we were unable to do so with you over the phone earlier in the day.
- We practice social distancing. We are carefully moving patients through our office so patients stay at least six feet apart and do not cross in the hallway or front office. This may create some delays. We normally pride ourselves on having all our patients seated on time, please bear with us and any delays during this time.
If you’re having second thoughts about returning to our office, we urge you to reconsider. You may have a significant oral health condition developing without knowing it. We can detect the problem- early. And the sooner we intervene and provide treatment, the better outcome and the less time you’re likely to have to spend in the dental chair.
If you have any questions about our enhanced measures, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’ll answer them. We want you to be just as comfortable as we are about being in our practice.
We thank you for your patients, cooperation, and continued support. Your trust in us means so much.
Wishing you all the best, in and out of your mouth,
Dr. Jennifer Sanders, and your Frenchtown Dental Team